Monday, February 19, 2007

Bad service of Perodua salesman

I've booked my new Myvi car last month (Jan 9th, 07) in one of the Perodua branches in Cheras (not to mention which branch). And I traded in my old Kenari. Before I signed and paid the booking fee of RM500 to the salesman. I was told that I should be getting the new Myvi in 2 weeks time. Do you think that this is possible in the first place? At first, I thought it should be no problem since the salesman has promised me that. After 2 weeks has passed, I called up the salesman, and was told that I can't get that Myvi yet. He said that the Perodua factory has closed for two weeks for maintainance purposes. If this is the case, why not the salesman tell me earlier? Is it the salesman's strategy to get more car bookings so that he should get more commission for himself on each car? Well, before I signed the booking document, I asked what I should be getting as a gift, and the salesman did not tell what he will give me.
After few weeks of follow-up on my new car, I always complained and asked for the status on my order. At last I spoke to the branch's manager to get an update on my order. This branch manager has spoken to me and promised me that I should be getting my new car before CNY. On 12th Feb, 07, the Salesman called and told me that his boss has allocated a car for me and is ready for registration. Asking me to pay the difference money before my car can get registered. Then I went and paid the difference money. I asked when I can get the car registered and was told that I should be getting on 14th, Feb, 07. I asked why by registering my car taking so long, one to two hours should be ready for the complete process. The salesman then told me that the car is still in the production factory and will be arrived on 14th, Feb, 07. At last, my new car was arrived in the afternoon and has set the appointment before 5pm to collect my new Myvi.
Then I have asked the salesman to set appointment for me to get the tinted glass as a gift for my car. I went to the tinted shop on 16th, Feb, 07 to get the tinted glass for my car. Spoken to the Marketing personnel at the shop. After explanation, she said the salesman only allocated RM200 for me as the gift. She said that quality for the tinted glass is not good, so marketing personnel explained that I should get a better quality one, then I have to top up another RM700 to get a good one. I was so surprised that the tinted caused about RM900...then I decided not to get the tinted glass. I told the marketing personnel that I have to reconsider first before deciding on whether to get the tinted glass or not. For those of you, beware of this strategy of giving you a free tinted glass. You have to ask the salesman before deciding anything. I have received some promotion notice on Myvi that there will be free tinted glass for around RM680, and why this salesman gifted me only with RM200?

2 comments:

girlretrotubes said...

Some business people are sucks.They dont give what they promised.

Tan KS said...

Some car dealers are offering discounts on new cars. The following article excerpt from The Star dated Feb 21st, 07. But my car dealer of Perodua did not offer such discount.
------------------------------------
Car dealers offering huge discounts and attractive packages

By PAUL CHOO

PETALING JAYA: Car buyers are spoilt for choice these days.

Major car manufacturers are now offering various attractive packages to entice buyers. Huge discounts on prices, ang pows of up to RM15,000, expensive gifts and low interest rates are among the inducements.

A check by The Star revealed that the price discounts ranged from RM2,000 to an astounding RM40,000 for some new vehicles.

Other goodies include 0% interest for up to five years, graduated instalments, low down payments, free service and maintenance packages, complimentary DVD or MP3 players, home theatre systems, car body kits, personal accident insurance coverage and debit cards.

Car sales representatives interviewed said additional incentives could also be negotiated on booking.

Deputy International Trade and Industry Minister Ng Lip Yong said the local car industry has reached a different level of competitiveness.

“The industry has driven itself to another level to capture customers. The crux of the matter is that every player has to keep up with competition or end up losing out.

“If some car dealers can slash their prices by RM40,000 or so, it just goes to show how driven they are about selling their product,” he said, adding that consumers stood to gain much from this trend.

Malaysian Automotive Association president Datuk Aishah Ahmad said that many automotive companies were hoping for a surge in demand, and as such, the industry had become a buyers’ market.

“Despite a general notion of a decline in auto sales, the industry is expected to improve in the second half of the year.

An industry source said some of the extensive promotions were also aimed at clearing surplus stock in anticipation of newer models of cars to be introduced this year.

PJ Volkswagen Centre sales manager David Foo, however, said master dealers of imported vehicles were thriving in a steady market.

“In comparison to ‘grey’ importers, we are able to give better rates on our cars because we operate directly under our principal,” he added.

Foo said that as dealers, they had to follow strict guidelines set on duty and excise structures and pricing.

“However, there are no guidelines on discounts and it is a totally subjective aspect.”